The Radius of an object is the distance from its center to its surface. Most objects in Universe Sandbox are represented as spheres, so the Radius property serves as a simple representation of an object's size.
Property Details[edit | edit source]
Location[edit | edit source]
The Radius property of an object can be found near the top of the Overview tab. If the object has a Composition tab, the Radius will also be listed under the Cumulative Properties category in that tab. For a Galaxy Nebula object, the Radius is located near the top of the Nebula tab.
The Radius of an object is also displayed in its mini-info panel.
Units[edit | edit source]
Radius can be viewed and edited using the following units:
- Milky Way Galaxy radius (milky way) = 5.5×104 light year
- Parsec (parsec) = 3.08568025×1016 m
- Light-year (light year) = 9.46073047×1015 m
- Astronomical Unit (AU) = 1.495978707×1011 m
- Solar radius (sun) = 6.955×108 m
- Lunar distance (lunar dist) = 3.844×108 m
- Light-second (light sec) = 2.99792458×108 m
- Jupiter radius (jupiter) = 6.9911×107 m
- Earth radius (earth) = 6.37101×106 m
- Moon radius (moon) = 1.7371×106 m
- Kilometer (km) = 1000 m
- Meter (m) is the SI base unit for length
- Centimeter (cm) = 0.01 m
- Millimeter (mm) = 0.001 m
Simulation Effects[edit | edit source]
Collisions[edit | edit source]
The radius of an object is used to determine when two objects are colliding.