Mass Loss Rate
The Mass Loss Rate property of an object represents the rate at which the object is losing mass due to evaporation or stellar winds. Mass Loss is a read-only property that is automatically calculated by Universe Sandbox.
Property Details[edit | edit source]
Location[edit | edit source]
The Mass Loss Rate property of an object is located near the end of the Cumulative Properties section of the object's Composition tab.
Units[edit | edit source]
Mass Loss Rate can be viewed using the following units:
- Earth mass per second (earth/s) = 5.972×1024 kg/s
- Moon mass per second (moon/s) = 7.349×1022 kg/s
- Solar mass per year (sun/yr) = 6.303×1022 kg/s
- Earth mass per year (earth/yr) = 1.892×1017 kg/s
- Moon mass per year (moon/yr) = 2.329×1015 kg/s
- Kilograms per second (kg/s) is the SI unit for mass per time
- Grams per second (g/s) = 0.001 kg/s