The Mass property of a Galaxy object represents the total mass of all the objects that make up the galaxy, including the Black Hole and any Galaxy Nebulae. The gravitational force exerted on other objects in the simulation by the galaxy's Black Hole will depend on this total mass.
Property Details[edit | edit source]
Location[edit | edit source]
The Mass property of a galaxy can be found at the top of the Galaxy tab in the properties panel, just under the galaxy's name.
The Mass of a galaxy is also displayed in its mini-info panel.
Units[edit | edit source]
Mass can be viewed and edited using the following units:
- Milky Way Galaxy mass (milky way) = 1.5×1012 sun
- Solar mass (sun) = 1.9891×1030 kg
- Earth mass (earth) = 5.97219×1024 kg
- Moon mass (moon) = 7.349×1022 kg
- Kilogram (kg) is the SI base unit for mass
- Gram (g) = 1×10-3 kg
- Milligram (mg) = 1×10-6 kg