A Fragment in Universe Sandbox is a simulated object that is too small to have a significant gravitational effect on other objects. Fragments are produced by processes like collisions, Roche fragmentation, and friction fragmentation, and are also used to represent smaller Solar System objects.
Properties Panel[edit | edit source]
The properties panel for a Fragment object will include the following tabs:
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
Fragment objects have the following characteristics:
- They are non-attracting objects, meaning that they do not exert a gravitational force on other objects in the simulation.
- They are attracted objects, meaning that they feel the effects of gravity from other attracting objects in the simulation.
- They have no calculated orbital elements, and their orbit will not be displayed.
- They can collide with other objects.
- Their temperature is only represented by a single Temperature property, rather than surface temperature vs. effective temperature.