The Edit button is located on the bottom bar. When clicked, the Edit Tool menu will appear with three settings: Move, Rotate, and Velocity. A sphere and rotation axis will be displayed for any selected objects while the Edit tool is active.
The Edit settings determine which object properties will be changed.
- When selected, six arrows will appear around the edit sphere pointing along the axes of the Simulation Grid. These arrows can be dragged to move the object along each axis.
- At any time, whether or not Move is selected, the user can change the object's position by clicking and dragging the inner circle of the edit sphere.
- When selected, three circles will appear around the edit sphere, each corresponding to the object's rotation about one of the axes of the Simulation Grid. The circles can be dragged to rotate the object in each direction.
- At any time, whether or not Rotate is selected, the user can change the object's rotation by clicking and dragging the edit sphere.
- When selected, an arrow will appear on the edit sphere, pointing in the direction of the object's Velocity Vector. Clicking and dragging this arrow will change the direction (but not the magnitude) of the Velocity Vector.
Changing the position or velocity of an object will alter its orbital elements and motion through the simulation.
Changing the rotation axis of an object may affect its climate as well as its orientation in space.