Distance to Closest Star
The Distance to Closest Star property of an object represents the distance between the object and the closest Star in the simulation. If there is no star in the simulation, the Distance to Star will read No Stars Present. If the object is the only star in the simulation, the Distance to Closest Star will be zero.
Distance to Closest Star is a read-only property, as it is calculated automatically by Universe Sandbox based on the locations and types of objects in the simulation.
Property Details[edit | edit source]
Location[edit | edit source]
The Distance to Closest Star property can be found at the end of the first section of the Overview tab of the object's properties panel.
Units[edit | edit source]
Distance to Closest Star can be viewed using the following units:
- Milky Way Galaxy radius (milky way) = 5.5×104 light year
- Parsec (parsec) = 3.08568025×1016 m
- Light-year (light year) = 9.46073047×1015 m
- Astronomical Unit (AU) = 1.495978707×1011 m
- Solar radius (sun) = 6.955×108 m
- Lunar distance (lunar dist) = 3.844×108 m
- Light-second (light sec) = 2.99792458×108 m
- Jupiter radius (jupiter) = 6.9911×107 m
- Earth radius (earth) = 6.37101×106 m
- Moon radius (moon) = 1.7371×106 m
- Kilometer (km) = 1000 m
- Meter (m) is the SI base unit for length
- Centimeter (cm) = 0.01 m
- Millimeter (mm) = 0.001 m